Homeowners are changing the trend in window replacements. In years past homeowners only had wood or vinyl windows to choose from. Today, homeowners have one more type to choose from, composite windows. Composite windows offer great features and benefits for homeowners that other window types are unable to provide, giving homeowners another durable choice for replacement windows.
What are Composite Windows?
Composite windows are made up of several different materials including ground up vinyl combined with sawdust or woodchips. These materials are held together with an epoxy. The benefit to choosing composite windows is their resistance to wear and tear since they combine the materials of both vinyl and wood to give homeowners the best of both worlds.
Composite windows are a great choice for homeowners that like the look of wood windows but do not like the price or the maintenance of wood windows. Since composite windows combine the benefits of both vinyl and wood windows to give homeowners the most durable window they could have, they are a great choice for many different homes.
What are the Benefits of Composite Windows?
Composite windows offer many benefits for homeowners that just wood or just vinyl windows cannot offer:
- Strong and durable – The combination of materials that make up composite windows give them their strength and durability, making them a good long term window
- Energy efficient – Composite windows have the same thermal properties as wood windows, making them an energy efficient choice for your home.
- Low Maintenance – Composite windows that have aluminum or vinyl exterior require little to no maintenance, making them a great choice for many homes
- Water and Air Tight – Composite windows are a stable choice that resemble wood windows, resisting water or air leaking into your home, reducing the risk of higher utility bills or warping or rotting issues
- Impact Resistant – The high impact resistance of composite windows make them resistant to high wind or hail damage, saving homeowners money on any future damages
- Aesthetically pleasing – Composite windows are available in a wide range of colors and styles making it easy for homeowners to find the perfect windows for their home
- Environmentally friendly – Some composite windows are made from recycled materials making them an environmentally choice. The other green aspect of composite windows is that their frames are easily recycled, reducing your burden on the environment.