Homeowners have been choosing wood windows as replacement windows for their home remodeling projects for many years. There are a large variety of reasons for choosing wood windows, which all boil down to the personal preference of each homeowner. Wood windows offer a vast amount of benefits both visually and structurally, giving homeowners a lot to consider when it is time to replace their windows.
Why Choose Wood Windows?
There is a reason that wood windows have been a viable choice for homeowners for so many years, surpassing even those window types that have followed wood such as vinyl or metal windows. Wood windows do carry a higher price tag than other window types, but they make up for their high cost in their longevity and durability. An important factor for homeowners to be aware of when it comes to wood windows is their requirement for frequent maintenance. Wood windows require periodic painting in order to keep up their durability and ability to resist rot and warping.
Benefits of Wood Windows
There are many benefits that wood windows offer to homeowners that newer, more modern windows cannot offer:
- Great insulator – Wood windows are unsurpassed in their ability to insulate your home, keeping your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- Aesthetically pleasing – Wood windows have a natural look that cannot be rivaled by another other windows. They also come in a wide variety of colors and styles, making it easy to choose custom sized and shaped windows for your home.
- Easy to paint – The fact that wood windows require constant maintenance including repainting them periodically allows you to change the color of your windows from time to time without having to replace them.
- Increase your home value – Along with the attractiveness of wood windows that adds to the curb appeal of your home, wood windows also increase the resale price of your home, giving you a return on your investment
- Resists condensation – Wood windows do not attract condensation like other window types such as vinyl windows do, decreasing the frustration of condensation in your window panes