Owning a home means taking good care of your roof, after all, it is the protection of your entire house. This does not always have to mean time consuming repairs or replacement, but what it does mean is the importance of properly timed roof inspections.
- Prevent Leaks – While it is not 100 percent possible to prevent all leaks, a routine inspection might help prevent a serious issue. If the contractor finds a small leak, it might be much easier to repair and cause less damage if caught early. Just think of the damage you could save the interior of your home from if it is caught early.
- Storm Damage – It is no secret that we are privy to serious storms in Chicago. If the hail, wind or strong thunderstorm has you worrying about the structure of your roof, it is time to have an inspection completed. It is well worth the peace of mind, knowing that your roof is safe and sound.
- Mold and Mildew – Mold is not something that you can always see, until it is too late. Chances are you would rather know about the presence of mold before it spreads to the interior of your home and starts causing structural problems for your home and health problems for your family.
- Determine Roof’s Age – If you bought your house from another owner, you might not know the exact age of your roof. If you are wondering if you are nearing its replacement time, you will need to know the exact age, which an experienced contractor can assist you with determining.
- Determine Type of Roof – Some new homeowners are not aware of the type of roof that they have on their home, which means they do not know how to properly care for it. A reputable contractor can inspect the roof, help you determine its type and what type of maintenance it might need.
A roof inspection can have a lot of benefits for your home, even if your roof is fairly new. Staying on top of the inspection and maintenance can help keep your roof in good condition for as long as possible.