FIBER CEMENT ROOFING
Fiber cement roofs, unbeknownst to most homeowners have been around for more than 50 years. It is just recently that they have become popular however because of their easy application and amazing durability. Made of a combination of sand, cement and cellulose fibers, fiber cement roofs give you the beauty of a wood roof with the durability of a cement roof. Today’s technology offers homeowners many more options when it comes to roofing, so that you are not subjected to rotting, weather damage or insect damage. Today’s roofs such as fiber cement roofing are more economically efficient.
There are many benefits to fiber cement roofing:
- Fire Retardant – Fiber Cement roofs are fire retardant, giving homeowners peace of mind when they choose fiber cement for their roofing material
- Fungus Resistant – Unlike wood roofs, fiber cement roofs resist mold and fungus because they are made from concrete like substances. This reduces the amount of maintenance and replacements that homeowners have to perform on their roof, saving them time and money.
- Weather Resistant – Unlike shingled roofs, fiber cement roofs will not suffer severe damage such as lost or damaged shingles from harsh wind or rain, giving homeowners less to worry about during intense storms
- Aesthetically Pleasing – Fiber cement roofs provide a beautiful look to any style home. Available in many different styles and colors, a fiber cement roof can take the look of a wood roof, cedar shakes or even a slate roof without the hassle that these types of roofs provide.
- Cost Efficient – Fiber cement roofs allow homeowners to have the look of more expensive roofs without the cost. Fiber cement roofs are lighter and made from recycled materials allowing them to be a cheaper alternative without sacrificing style or durability.
- Long Lasting – Because of their durability, fiber cement roofs last longer than other roofing types.